Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nyx 'em up!



Sometime last month, I did a pre-order for Nyx round lippies from Digital Traincase. Picked it up yesterday before work and I was so excited to go home to check them out.


These are what I got...


Perfect, Thalia, Tea Rose, Fig, Spellbound


The lighting of my room is not good at all. The colors on the lips look a bit toned down compared to its actual color.

Perfect. The darkest shade that I got..and Id say this is my natural lip color.


*for some reason I cant delete one of these duplicate photos. keeps getting an error. I guess Id have to keep both. :D
Thalia. I like the name Thalia because its in the Percy Jackson books! Haha! Yeah, thats why I got this but anyway..it's a lighter shade than Perfect. lighter gearing towards being pink.


Tea Rose. I arranged the colors in a way that its dark/brown-ish to pink. This is right on the middle of these five. Id say this is my fave as it suits my dark skintone most.


Fig. On to the pinkish side. I love this one too. Makes me look fairer. I love how its color looks natural on my skintone eventhough its pink.


Spellbound. The most daring of all the colors. It's wearable but for a person who wants an "au naturale" look, id have problems on when i'll wear this shade. It's a very pretty pink but it kinda screams look at me!! which totally repels my personality. I'd probably use this on those "I-want-to-be-spontaneous" days..or when I'm doing concept shoots ( concept shoots: i play dress up, put on a bit of make up and take a picture of myself! haha.. yeah, im crazy like that.) Oh, and I used Burt and bees repleneshing lip balm with pomegrenate oil before applying spellbound because after those 4 colors I think my lips are drying up. ** additional note, since this is the last one i tried, i let it stay on my lips and after a while the color doesnt look loud anymore. we'll see if i can wear it on a normal day





I know there are already lots of post about Nyx lipsticks. I must admit I only learned about them through beauty bloggers and everyone have nothing but high praises for these tubes. I would have to say, I now know what the hype is all about with them. The packaging is cute,the colors are pigmented, lots of shades to choose from, cheap, nondrying (i think the only reason why my lips dried out when swatching them was because i tried all five colors in 15 minutes). Overall, its an affordable product that works, and its pretty too!


That's about it. I enjoyed this post and I enjoyed my purchase!
I got these for P170 (approx $4) each at Digital Traincase. Thanks Sol! :)



How about you?Which Nyx product/lip color do you like best??







4 comments:

  1. I have 6 NYX lipsticks, my fave is Louisiana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. i didnt get the Louisiana one. isnt it the one who's brighter than Spellbound? thats why i didnt got it..too loud for me, but its a pretty color. :)

    Ill check out some swatches and who knows.maybe sa next order. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a different color everyday to try them all
    ^__^

    one thing i noticed though its that its not as creamy as normal lipsticks (loreal, mac) probably thats why its so cheap.

    ReplyDelete